The Society’s Annual Show took place on Saturday 20th August at Ardleigh Village Hall and was a huge success.
There were 770 exhibits on display (170 more than last year) in categories covering of flowers, vegetables, fruit, floral art, wine, cookery, handicraft, photography and children’s entries. The Society was delighted to welcome 30 new exhibitors.
Visitors were treated to a wonderful display of entries which filled the village hall, they were also able to enjoy a welcome cup of tea and a slice of home-made cake, take part in the raffle, try their luck on the plant tombola and buy plants from the plant stall.
The cups & trophies were presented by Colin Davey from Craft Nurseries of Lawford.
Trophy winners were:-
- R J Croxon Tankard (Most Points Ardleigh Residents Only Classes) John Culley;
- E C Catling Cup (Runner Up Most Points Ardleigh Residents Only Classes) Kevin Jackson;
- S H Every Cup (Most Points Fruit & Vegetables) Judy Owens;
- The Bill Sparkes Salver (Best Vegetable Exhibit) Alan Rowe;
- G Osborne Cup (Most Points Flowers) Andy Owens;
- The Connie Revill Trophy (Best Gladiolus Exhibit) Andy Owens;
- Mrs B Sparling Special Prize (Best Flower Exhibit) Andy Owens;
- W Hudson Cup (Most Points Dahlias) Andy Owens;
- The Patrick and Lilian Sparling Memorial Salver (Best Dahlia Exhibit) Andy Owens;
- W J Freeman Cup (Most Points Flower Arranging) Deborah Farthing;
- Mrs E Clayton Cup (Most Points Wine) Linda Spinks and Mr W Pearson;
- Best exhibit of wine Linda Spinks;
- Mrs V Mowles Cup (Most Points Cookery) Diana Whitfield;
- The Downing Salver (Most Outstanding Cookery Exhibit) Rosie Jackson;
- L S Trew Cup (Most Points Handicrafts) Deborah Farthing;
- JM and BK Pearce Camera Cup (Most Points Photography) & Voucher Steve Brown;
- D Underdown Trophy (Runner Up Most Points Photography) & Voucher Ian Parker;
- Voucher (3rd place) Sarah Mills;
- Best Photography Exhibit Steve Brown;
- Mrs R Parsons Cup (Most Points Children 4 Years and Under) Dominic Bonney;
- Dorothy Culley Cup (Most Points Children 5 to 8 Years) Caitlyn Wildon;
- J Snell Cup (Most Points Children 9 to 13 years) Bethany Wildon;
- David Sibley Shield (Best exhibit in the Children's Classes) Danny Percival;
- The Edwards Shield (Best exhibit St.Mary's School Gardening Club class) Annabelle Tunmore;
- Gordon Locke Shield (Most Points Ardleigh Resident all classes) John Culley;
- Mrs R Parsons Shield (Most Points All Classes) John Culley.
The Society would like to thank Craft Nurseries, the main sponsor of the show, and Percival Engineering, Haddocks, Ardleigh Garden Maintenance and Jubilee Restaurant who all sponsored sections of the show, also London Camera Exchange who donated vouchers for the top 3 winners in the photography section.
The Society is most grateful to all the exhibitors and all those who helped make the show a success.
A date for your diary - next year’s show will be on Saturday 19th August 2017