Each session focuses on a section of scripture and explores what is going on around the event or what lies behind what is being said. The aim is to get a better understanding of the purpose of God. There is lively discussion which brings the text to life and gives valuable insight. The group usually numbers about 12 and is made up from those who attend various churches as well as those who do not attend any church. Come and join us on Tuesdays, 7.30 – 8.30 pm except in school holidays. The ancillary equipment used is A1-sized flipchart paper, an easel, and coloured marker pens.
If you find reading the Bible difficult or sometimes frustrating, then this seminar is for you!
These concise and informative sessions are delivered in a friendly, comfortable environment. They are designed to equip you with the skills and background you need to understand the Scriptures for yourself. Whether or not you are already familiar with the Bible, you will come away with a deeper appreciation of its vital message, lots of information (a free binder of materials is provided) and new energy to begin reading the Bible regularly and effectively!
Here’s what you will learn:
- Who wrote the Bible?
- Why two Testaments? Are both relevant today?
- What are the differences between Bible versions?
- How to use cross-references.
- How to use a concordance and lexicon.
- How to prove for yourself that the Bible is not a work of fiction.
- Who are the Jews? Why are they so important in the Bible?
- How to read the Bible with care and accuracy.
- What happens at death.
- What the Bible says about the source of evil in the world.
- How the Bible and science are reconciled.
And Much More!
The Bible - The Key to Your Future
Use of a good Bible is essential, and use of a Concordance, Dictionary, and a selection of Commentaries would not go amiss. These are also availble (free) from the Site Map Page http://www.biblestudyuk.com/search/sitemap.htm under Miscellaneous.
We look forward to seeing you!