PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICATIONS AWAITING A DECISION BY BRAINTREE DISTRICT COUNCIL WILL NOW BE LISTED HERE.
Current information on applications, and comments made by the Parish Council can be seen at the following website by entering the full application number: Planning Opens in a new Window It must be remembered that Braintree District Council (BDC) is responsible for making planning decisions, and Bulmer Parish Council is only a consultee, on behalf of parishioners, who may only express an opinion. BDC Decisions may contradict this opinion.Opens in a new window
Current applications and applications awaiting a decision by BDC - see BDC link above on Planning
The Planning Services section of BDC provides Bulmer Parish Council with details of all relevant Planning Applications received, thereby giving parishioners the opportunity to express an opinion on proposed developments. The Parish Council reviews each Application and proposes a response to BDC after considering:
- written comments from parishioners
- the Village Design Statement (BUT see below)
- the Rural Area and Conservation Areas
- village envelopes
- responses to the Application posted on the BDCC planning website
- changes in planning legislation and guidelines
- the Material Planning Considerations followed by BDC, which currently include the Village Design Statement; this can be considered by BDC in reaching a planning decision.
- there is no objection to the application, or:
- there are concerns that should be addressed before the application is approved, or:
- the proposal is unacceptable, giving the reasons for the opinion
All responses can be seen by parishioners in the Parish Council minutes and on the BDC planning website under the Planning Application number.
Details of Planning Applications
BDC gives details of applications to immediate neighbours and the Ward Councillor, as well as to Bulmer Parish Council, and appropriate notices are displayed near the site in question. Details may also be inspected on the BDC planning website.
Commenting on Planning Applications
If a parishioner wishes to comment on an application they should, always quote the relevant application number:
- email the comments to email@example.com or,
- write to Development Management, Causeway House, Bocking End, Braintree,
CM7 9HB. Please copy the letter or email to the Parish Clerk, Kevin B. Money at 7 Roach Vale, Colchester, Essex. CO4 3YN or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parishioners may make a verbal presentation of their comments at the bi-monthly Parish Council meeting (maximum duration three minutes). A verbal presentation may also be made at the relevant BDC Planning Committee meeting; please note that procedures at this meeting are strictly controlled, and it is strongly advised to consult with the Ward Councillor beforehand to ensure that the presentation is acceptable and effective.
All applications are dealt with by BDC according to a regulated timetable, and parishioners must comply with the deadlines imposed.