PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY
THREE COUNCILLOR VACANCIES
Could you be the one to help Clavering Parish Council achieve its aims?
Do you feel that you can serve your local community in this respect?
The Council currently has three vacancies.
The Council wishes to invite anyone eligible to consider whether they feel able to take part in the work the Council carries out for the benefit of the village, and to help influence decisions taken at higher tiers of government to ensure that the views and opinions of the villagers of Clavering are taken into consideration.
If anyone feels able to put themselves forward in this way please contact the Chair, Stephanie Gill (01799 550212)
or the Clerk Victoria Moore (07986914991)
Similarly, if you would like more information as to what the position actually involves, do contact us so we may answer any questions
We look forward to hearing from interested parishioners.
(Please note candidates must be eligible to stand for the position, namely be aged 18 years or over, be a qualifying British, Commonwealth or European citizen, and
- Be on the electoral role in the parish; Or
- During the whole of the twelve months before he/she was nominated as a candidate, occupied land or other premises as owner or tenant in the parish; Or
- During the same period, resided in that area or within three miles thereof; Or
- During the same period, has his/her principal or only place of work in that area.
You cannot stand for election if you
- are subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order.
- have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine.
- you work for the council )