VILLAGERS' OPINIONS IN COPFORD AND EASTHORPE
You should by now be aware that Colchester Borough Council (CBC) is planning a lot of new houses for Copford. Also very important are the many new houses proposed for Stanway; and for the West Colchester Garden Settlement (c. 20,000 new houses) which will significantly impact on Easthorpe and Copford.
You have an opportunity to respond to CBC’s proposals by 16th September.
DON’T MISS THIS CHANCE. The consequences of what is being planned will impact on the lives of you and your families for many years to come.
YOUR VIEWS MATTER AND WILL BE CONSIDERED, BUT ONLY IF YOU TAKE THE OPPPORTUNITY
CBC’s proposals for development from 2017 to 2032 are contained in the Draft Local Plan
Copies can be obtained at the Town Hall, or accessed online at:
www.colchester.gov.uk/local plan. The first page is an index: find and highlight the section you wish to read. This website also provides you with the means to send in your responses to Colchester Borough Council
You may like also to copy your responses to Copford Parish Council, by e-mail to
When considering your responses to the proposals, think about:
• Suitability of the proposed sites, and any alternative sites you might wish to suggest
• Housing Density, Numbers, Mix and Style
• Amenities and Green Spaces
• Environmental Issues and Impact
• And the Big One, Sustainability, i.e. every practical thing that is required to support the new homes into the future: infrastructure; roads, parking and transport links; schools; water services; medical services; local employment; access to fast broadband, etc.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BUT DON’T DELAY
Further information is available in the most recent Plainsman:
• “Colchester B.C. draft Local Plan” (Page 2)
• “CAUSE” (Page 2);
• “Parish Council Neighbourhood Planning” (Page 7)
• “More on the Local Plan Consultation” (Page 8).
You can contact CBC with any queries you may have by e-mail at:
email@example.com, or by telephoning the CBC Planning Policy Team on 01206 282473/76/80.
REMEMBER: the last day for responses is Friday 16th September