Public Consultation regarding Multiplay Equipment
The Council is currently seeking views from residents regarding what the community's needs are in terms of the Multiplay equipment, including any feedback as to why the Community needs to have replacement equipment.
The Council has obtained three quotations from reputable play equipment companies(all of which are costing approximately £30,000), designs for which are shown below and include replacement of the existing cableway. The closing date for feedback is Tuesday 6th October, which can either be sent by post to the Parish Clerk, Feering Parish Council, Feering Community Centre, Coggeshall Road, Feering, CO5 9QB or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bespoke Multiplay Unit to include:
- Fully DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant ramped access up to first level with scramble net and climbing wall attached.
- Ramped access up to second level with double track slide, sliding pole and large diameter upward sloping rope bridge.
- The third and highest level has an escarpment climbing and a stainless steel embankment slide which is facing Due-North to ensure it stays cool during the summer months.
- Leading down is a log clatter bridge onto a shaped tower with twin sliding poles and a huge scramble net attached.
- Ramp leading down to the take off tower for the built in 25m Aerial Runway.
- Bonded mulch surfacing throughout in high wear areas and all entrance and exits to prevent soil erosion.
- Equipment predominantly manufactured from Radiata round logs, polyethylene panels and steel core rope attachments. All equipment legs that enter the ground will have steel attachments fitted to ensure all wooden sections are a minimum of 100mm above ground level to ensure longevity of equipment.
- To set up site and secure work area with Heras fencing for the duration of the contract and removal upon handover.
- To supply and install Lappset Q03880 Zip Line with starting ramp.
- 86m2 of grass mat surfacing to Zip Line (extra over if bonded rubber mulch required).
- To supply and Install Feature Mound Play Unit consisting of 120068M Large Embankment Slide, 120135m Activity Tower and Link Bridge Q00016 (modified for mound).
- 95m2 of grass mat surfacing around unit on mound.
- DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) Double Width Wavy 6200mm long Embankment Slide.
- Bespoke Pick Up Sticks 4 with net joining to mound
- 4 x 2m Long Horizontal Climbing Logs
- Embankment Climbing Ramps
- Bespoke Rope Climbing Bridge
- 20m Timber & Steel Cableway