Hockley Residents Association – hockleyresidents.co.uk
Minutes of Hockley Residents Association Meeting held on Tuesday the 12 June 2018 at 7.30 pm in Greensward Academy chaired by Chair Alan James. The residents’ meeting was attended by 13 members / visitors and the following topics were discussed:
1. AGRO. Proposed 10 Flats at 22 Southend Road, Hockley and 10 Houses at 72 Main Road, Hawkwell. Hockley temporary one way.
2. Alan James's Hockley shops and business report.
3. Alan James's Hockley local publication and website report.
4. Brian O'Shea's Day Centre report.
5. Brian O'Shea's Planning report.
6. John Worden need some additional info from Brian O'Shea for the audit. We agreed to change to HSBC Bank.
7. Rubbish on Bullwood Hall footpath has got worse. David Claydon has reported it to RDC – closed.
8. Folly Lane new homes and allotments – HPC have made some progress.
9. Church Road traffic. Slow down sign to be repaired by ECC.
10. WAG are still perusing the additional parking restrictions from ECC.
11. Bullwood Hall development – some lorry movements reported.
12. AJ has been informed that the Hall Lane milestone is on the developers land and now technically belongs to them – closed.
13. Concerns that parking restrictions are not being enforced – closed.
14. Dangerous parking near Hockley Railway Station – closed.
15. Adrian Eves reported that ECC has no current plans to close the library – closed.
16. Training and other flights. Meeting with airport being arranged.
17. Lower Road Boot Sale planning pending.
18. RDC not taking cash for council payments.
19. RDR group are organising Courtesy Seating for Hockley shops.
20. HPC Dog lead proposal for Hockley Woods.
21. RDC Youth Council being organised for 12 to 18 year olds.
Chair Alan James closed the meeting.
This document will form the Agenda for our next meeting to be held on:
Tuesday 10 July 2018 at 7.30 pm at Greensward Academy
Our meetings are held in Room GG27 in the Creative Arts Block next to the main car park. They start at 7.30pm usually on the second Tuesday of the month, unless it's half term and chaired by Alan James (01702 207297 / 07741 410829 / firstname.lastname@example.org). All are welcome to attend our Monthly Meetings to discuss current issues effecting Hockley. We cannot guarantee we will resolve your issues but we may be able to point you in the right direction towards resolution. Please note AGRO meetings are normally on the following Thursdays at the same time and venue.