Hockley Residents Association - hockleyresidents.co.uk
Minutes of Hockley Residents Association Meeting held on Tuesday the 9 January 2018 at 7.30 pm in Greensward Academy chaired by Chair Alan James. The residents’ meeting was attended by 11 members / visitors and the following topics were discussed:
1. AGRO sub-committee are running separate meetings to tackle the RDC 7,500 additional homes plan.
2. RDC councillors may be prevented from using social media sites such as Facebook – closed.
3. Alan James's Hockley shops and business report.
4. Alan James's Hockley local publication and website report.
5. Brian O'Shea's Day Centre report.
6. Brian O'Shea's Planning report.
7. John Worden stated that the auditor is working on our audit. AJ is sorting out the bank mandate.
8. Rubbish on Bullwood Hall footpath has got worse. David Claydon will contact RDC – on going.
9. Possible closure of Hockley Toilets. They will stay as they are for another year – closed.
10. Pollution monitoring in Hockley. Results should be available soon – on going.
11. Folly Lane new homes and allotments – ongoing.
12. Church Road traffic. David Bird is in contact with ECC Highways – on going.
13. WAG are pushing for additional parking restrictions for the Westerings School area.
14. Bullwood Hall development approval still pending.
15. We have decide to pay the Massive Project £500 donation but AJ will ask if fund matching is available.
16. AJ is waiting for a answer from RDC on the Hall Lane milestone being on RDC land.
17. Two HRA meetings that will not be on the second Tuesday of the month: 20/02/18 and 17/04/18.
18. Planning has been refused for a permanent boot sales near Hockley Market in Lower Road – closed.
19. AJ will find out what is proposed for the mail sorting office area where trees have been removed.
20. AJ outlined the situation with the new website and domain changes.
Chair Alan James closed the meeting.
This document will form the Agenda for our next meeting to be held on:
Tuesday 20 February 2018 at 7.30 pm at Greensward Academy
Our meeting are held in Room GG27 in the Creative Arts Block next to the main car park. They are start at 7.30pm usually on the second Tuesday of the month and chaired by Alan James (01702 207297 / email@example.com).
All are welcome to attend our Monthly Meetings to discuss current issues effecting Hockley. We cannot guarantee we will resolve your issues but we may be able to point you in the right direction towards resolution.