It aims to secure our heritage through conservation, protection and improvement by safeguarding the best of the past and ensuring that what is added enhances the villages in which we live.
Our committee meets every six weeks to examine any issues brought to its attention under the following broad headings:
- Planning matters such as new developments and impact on Listed Buildings
- District and regional issues
- Local archaeological and historical heritage topics
- Environmental and countryside matters
- Our programme of talks and social events
- Articles and news via 'The Bulletin', the society magazine which is free to all members.
For details of how to join the society, the social events and lectures and other useful information please click on the links.