Standard Conditions of Hire
LANGFORD AND ULTING VILLAGE HALL
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
For the purposes of these Conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative.
1. THE HIRER will, during the period of hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents thereof, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the public highway.
2. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor sold thereon without written permission of the Committee
3. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed whether for the sale of intoxicating liquor from the Performing Rights Society, from Phonographic Performance Limited or otherwise and for the observance of the same.
4. THE HIRER shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
5. THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates' Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
6. THE HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
7. THE HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
8. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Committee against (a) the cost of repair of all damage done to any part of the premises or the contents of the same and (b) the cost of replacement of items damaged beyond repair in the event of the damage to such items occurring as a result of the hiring.
9. IF THE HIRER cancels the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the Hiring fee shall be at the absolute discretion of the Committee.
10. THE HIRER shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure and that no nuisance or annoyance is caused to residents and occupiers of properties in the vicinity of the premises as a result of the hiring.
11. THE HIRER shall ensure that no dogs except guide dogs are brought into the buildings on the premises.
12. AT THE END of the period of hiring, the HIRER shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents which may have been temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty at its absolute discretion to make an additional charge.
13. THE COMMITTEE reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
14. IN THE EVENT of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Committee shall not be liable to the HIRER for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
15. THE HIRER shall comply and shall procure that all persons present during the hiring shall comply with such instructions and regulations as the Committee may from time to time impose for the use and enjoyment of the premises.
16. THE HIRER shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children Act 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
17. THE COMMITTEE expressly disclaims any liability in respect of any accident claim loss or damage so far as the law permits in relation to or arising from:
(a) the use of the Premises; or
(b) the existence of the River Blackwater on the north and western sides of the premises
and the Hirer accepts responsibility for the supervision and safety of all persons visiting the premises for the purpose or as a result of the hiring.
18. THE COMMITTEE reserves the right to demand a Holding Charge, to be returned to the Hirer following inspection of the premises and acceptance on behalf of the Committee of compliance by the Hirer with the terms of the Hiring Agreement. If in the opinion of an authorised representative of the Committee (whose decision shall be final) there has been any breach of the Hiring Agreement, the Holding Charge shall be retained until payment has been made therefrom in respect of all loss or damage suffered by the Committee resulting from such breach of the Hiring Agreement whereafter the balance (if any) shall be returned to the Hirer.