Latchingdon Parish Council - Contact Information:
Mrs Nikki Harman - Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Latchingdon Parish Council
9 Barnmead Way
Burnham On Crouch
Essex. CM0 8QD
The next Parish Council Meeting due to be held on Thursday 26 July 2018 @ 7.00 p.m. in the Parish Room at the Village Hall, Burnham Road, Latchingdon, CM3 6EU. The agenda and minutes are publised under the relevant headings. A schedule of meetings can be found under the heading Parish Council Meetings in the left hand index.
Please note the following notice:
Latchingdon Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement 30 June 2018
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Nikki Harman, Parish Clerk/RFO
9 Barnmead Way Burnham on Crouch, Essex CM0 8QD.
Contact number 07506026704 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
commencing on (c) __Monday 2 July 2018 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Friday 13 August 2018 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by (e) _Nikki Harman_ Parish Clerk and RFO
(a) Insert date of placing of the notice which must be not less than 1 day before the date in (c) below
(b) Insert name, position and address/telephone number/ email address, as appropriate, of the Clerk or other person to which any person may apply to inspect the accounts
(c) Insert date, which must be at least 1 day after the date of announcement in (a) above and at least 30 working days before the date appointed in (d) below
(d) The inspection period between (c) and (d) must be 30 working days inclusive and must include the first 10 working days of July.
(e) Insert name and position of person placing the notice – this person must be the responsible financial officer for the smaller authority
There are two vacancies on the Parish Council due to the resignations of Mr. Dave Moore and Mr. Dave Banner, the statutory 14 days notice has been given and now the remaining members of the Parish Council are looking to co-opt two residents from the Parish to join them. If you are interested in becoming a Parish Council, please send in a letter to the Parish Clerk addressed to the Chairman detailing why you would like to become a Parish Councillor.