Agenda for Next Meeting
LITTLE HALLINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL
MRS U. SYDEE 48 THE FOREST CLERK OF THE COUNCIL
HATFIELD BROAD OAK BISHOP’S STORTFORD TEL: 07432 297142
HERTFORDSHIRE CM22 7BT
A meeting of the Parish Council will be held at 8.00p.m. on Tuesday 17th October 2017, in the Village Hall to consider the items set out in the Agenda below, and you are hereby summoned to attend.
Clerk of the Council.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF PUBLIC
4. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING To approve as a correct record and authorize the Chairman to sign the minutes of the meeting held on 5th September 2017, copy attached.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
6. CHAIRMAN’S COMMUNICATIONS
7. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
8. MEMBERS’ REPORTS
9. THE HALLINGBURYS SPEEDWATCH GROUP To receive an update.
10. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS CELEBRATION To receive an update if the Olive Branch is willing to organise the event.
11. AIRPORT SSE sent an email seeking information if anyone received a leaflet issued by Stansted Airport back in Summer (June/July). The leaflet was supposed to alert people to its expansion plans and asking for feedback; perhaps also with the reference to its travelling exhibition. In reply to SSE the post code should be included to enable them to identify the areas where it was actually delivered. Circulated to the members of the Council by email. To receive report from the Parish Council Forum meeting organized by Stansted Airport.
12. HIGHWAYS MATTERS County Cllr Susan Barker informed us that the work at Nedgings corner in Sawbridgeworth Road and subsequent road closure is scheduled to start the week commencing 2nd October 2017.
The online Highways Survey on their key service areas was submitted on the 29th September 2017.
13. HOUSING An email from Hastoe Housing Association asking whether a leaflet could be delivered with the parish magazine was received. The Chairman managed to organize for a short paragraph to be included in the October issue as it was due to go to print. The Clerk asked for an electronic copy of a leaflet which could then be put on the web site. Reply still awaited.
14. ASSETS OF COMMUNITY VALUE At the time of writing the agenda the Clerk and the Chairman are working on papers necessary to re-nominate the following assets: Village Hall, The George Public House and St. Mary’s Church. The Gaston Green Chapel is already included and will have to be re-nominated later this year or sometime next year.
15. ESSEX LIBRARY CONSULTATION As an RCCE member we were informed that there is a public consultation on proposed changes to the Mobile Library Service from 19th September to 6th November seeking the views about how to create a new library service to help volunteers to set up a community library. Surveys are also available online for children and young people under 16 and in EasyRead. Paper copies of the consultation pack are available at any library or mobile library and should be returned using the business reply envelope in the pack (no stamp needed). The Council would have to decide whether to respond to the consultation and what would the response be. Email circulated to the members of the Council.
16. HERTS FULLSTOP ACCOUNT To consider opening an account with “Herts Fullstop” for office supplies.
a) The following payments had been made during the period 12th August to 13th September 2017: £ F. Townsend – net salary July 712.60 - Expenses July 58.27 HMRC – Tax July FT 96.00 MD Landscapes – grass cutting; Inv. 923 408.12 Standon Post Office – Aug – Nov; Inv. 41 3,468.70 Richard Mark Lawrence – car park hedge; Inv. 13760 78.00 NALC – Local Council review subscribtion 17.00 Greenbarnes Ltd – noticeboard panels; Inv. 13805 873.67
b) Income None for this period.
c) Balances Business Reserve Acc. £13,715.69 Community Acc £33,865.65 Gratuity Acc £3,141.48
a) Application decisions (the Council’s comments are shown in brackets)
Application No. Site and Development Decision UTT/2039/LB New French windows to kitchen Approved Little Hallingbury Place, Wrights Green Lane, (no obj.) CM22 7RE
UTT/17/2091/FUL Proposed ground and first floor extensions to Approved existing residential care home (no obj.) Falcon House, George Green, Latchmore Bank, CM22 7PP
UTT/17/1768/FUL Conversion of garage to form separate dwelling. Withdrawn Bank View, Lower Road.
(While there is no extension to the footprint of the building, my Councillors are not happy with a separate dwelling being created on Metropolitan Green Belt land.)
b) Applications dealt with by the working group: Application No. Site and Development None.
c) Applications to be dealt with at this meeting: Application No. Site and Development UTT/17/2583/HHF Erection of two storey side and rear extensions Aymesbury, Wrights Green Lane, Little Hallingbury, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM22 7RL
19. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS FOR INFORMATION AND NOTING Saffron Walden Conservation Area Appraisal 2017 will be available to be viewed and comment between the start date: 27/09/17 08:30 and end date: 08/11/17 17:00. Select the following link to view this event:
http://uttlesfordconsult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/caa/swcaa2017 If the link appears to be broken, copy the entire link into the address bar on your web browser.
An email from UDC Community Safety Officer, asking if a Parish Council have installed and is responsible for any CCTV Cameras and if so, to complete self - risk assessment form was received. A reply that we don’t have any was sent.
A phone call from the Police Fire and Crime Commissioner’s office was received that he can only explain his role and can’t comment on operational policing or a crime. The Chairman and Clerk agreed to ask him to attend Annual Parish Meeting in March. Confirmation awaited.