Little Yeldham, Tilbury Juxta Clare and Ovington Parish Council - about us
Welcome to the website of Little Yeldham, Tilbury Juxta Clare and Ovington Parish Council
Currently you will be able to look at minutes of our meetings; read brief details and find links to Braintree District Council regarding any planning applications that have been received; Essex Highways links and find other information of interest to residents.
A history of our Parish Council:
The Parish Council of Little Yeldham was formed on 27th July 1955 and dissolved on 7th June 1973 when the present Parish Council of Little Yeldham, Tilbury Juxta Clare and Ovington was formed, pursuant to a Grouping Order, to include the villages of Tilbury Juxta Clare and Ovington, which hitherto had Parish Meetings. Each of the three villages still retain their own separate Parish Meetings however, and these meet annually sometime between 1st March and 31st May each year.
A minimum of six Parish Council meetings, including the Annual Parish Council meeting, are held each year, which exceeds the statutory minimum of four meetings. The Parish Council comprises eleven councillors, of which six represent Little Yeldham, three Tilbury Juxta Clare and two Ovington; these numbers being in proportion to the population of each village.
One councillor is appointed as a representative to Little Yeldham Village Hall Management Committee, one to Belchamp St. Paul Community House Management Committee, and is also represented on a number of other organisations.
The Parish Council owns the freehold of, and maintains the following land:
i. The Playing Field at School road, Little Yeldham. Title transfer 16th September 1975. 2.16 acres. Cost: £1000.00 (One thousand pounds).
ii. The Village Green at Church Green, Little Yeldham. Title transfer 31st December 1967, under one quarter of an acre, cost £1.00 (One pound).
iii. The Village Green at North End, Little Yeldham. Title transfer 18th June 1974 under one quarter of an acre, no cost – deed of gift.
iv. The Village Green at Tilbury Hill, Tilbury Juxta Clare. Title transfer 21st October 1991. Under one quarter of an acre, no cost - acquired ownerless land.
v. Land to side of bus shelter in North End, Little Yeldham. Un-registered land currently being claimed by Council. Details awaited.
vi. Telephone box in North End. Title transfer 27th July 2017.
vii. Telephone box at Upper Farm, Ovington. Title transfer 27th July 2017.
viii. Telephone box at Village Green, Tilbury Juxa Clare. Title transfer 27th July 2017.
It also maintains various hedges around the Little Yeldham church area, bus shelters, and also those at North End, Little Yeldham.
Residents are reminded that no vehicle may be parked on Council-owned land or verges; no shrub etc planted without permission nor any encroachment to take place. Enforcement action may be taken where necessary.
Please report any errors to the Webmaster for this site at email@example.com