Marks Tey Parish Council
Parish Clerk & RFO
Salary up to £26,470 FTE PRO RATA based on experience
Marks Tey Parish covers Marks Tey and Little Tey, west of Colchester with approximately 3000 parishioners and in an area of potential significant growth via the currently evolving new Local Plan. The Council is responsible for a village hall complex, playing field, skate park, playgrounds and basketball court.
A vacancy has arisen for a Clerk & RFO to serve the Council. Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Preparing agendas and minutes for Council meetings on the second and fourth Monday of each month (evening meetings)
- Advising the Councillors on matters relating to Council business
- Preparing and handling correspondence on behalf of the Council
- Handling questions and queries from members of the public
- Progressing matters agreed upon by Council
- Supervising staff
- Acting as the Council’s Financial Officer and maintaining the Council’s financial records
- Communicating with the community and servicing village noticeboards
- Overall management of the Parish Hall and grounds
The role will be based in our modern offices at the Parish Hall and will require between 15 to 20 hours per week (negotiable) but flexibility will be required and salary will be based on the NJC LC2 Council pay bracket (spine point range 26 to 29 pro rata) depending on experience. CiLCA qualification would be an advantage or if not a desire to obtain the qualification. Training opportunities will be available. Candidates must be computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Office.
A Job Description and Person Specification, Job Application and details of the job application process can be found below
If you wish to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed application form or for further information please phone Allan Walker (Chairman) on 01206 211424
Closing date for applications: 29 June 2018.
Interviews: 11 July 2018