Pay council tax bills over 12 months, not 10

The Government has announced that from April 2013, all councils in England must allow you to pay your council tax over 12 months if you request it.

If you want to change, it's safest to contact Braintree District Council yourself. 

How do I do this? Contact BDC during March and tell them you want to change to the new payment schedule.

Telephone 01376 552525

Each council will have its own deadline for switching bills, but local authorities are required to reissue new bills for those switching to payments over 12 months by 15 April 2013, so your deadline to let them know will be before this date.

Further information on


22:32, 28 Feb 2013 by Steven Partridge