The church stands hidden in the centre of the village but is approached by a pleasant tree lined drive. Parking is sufficient but not perfect. St Martin is a grade II* listed building of flint and rubble some of which is probably more than a 1000 years old. The nave is Norman and the tower, which is partly built with Roman bricks from nearby Colville Hall, is sixteenth century. The interesting wooden framed porch is fifteenth century and has a very special Norman door furnished with thirteenth century iron work. Inside the impression is of a very plain and simple church with no stained glass which makes it light and airy. The Organ was fully restored in 2011. The churchyard is well kept and much frequented by those visiting graves. St. Martin is the largest of the four South Rodings churches seating about a hundred and twenty. In 2012 a toilet and servery was installed and the interior was completely redecorated in 2013.