At the PCC meeting on Monday 19th September 2005 the PCC adopted the following policy, which was unanimously renewed at a PCC meeting on 22 July 2019 with the addition of a new Clause 2.
- We affirm the Fifth Mark of Mission – to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth – as a central part of our life, work and mission.
- We will embark on achieving at least one Eco-Church award.
- We will take environmental concerns fully into account in our mission, worship, study, education, training, pastoral, administrative and other programmes and projects.
- We will appoint a person as our Environmental Officer and encourage them to bring environmental concerns forward on a regular basis.
- We will consider the environmental impact of all our policies and plans and accept that additional costs may be incurred.
- We will ask our members to consider their personal impact on the environment in their daily lives.
Irene Harriss was re-appointed as Environmental Officer.