Terms of Reference of PCC Committee
for Friends of St Mary’s Sheering
- 1. The aims of the Friends of St Mary’s Sheering are:
- a. To enhance the relationship between the church buildings and the wider community
- b. To attract funds for the upkeep of the fabric of the church buildings and grounds
- c. To provide information to subscribers about the activities of the church and the financial needs connected with the fabric
- 2. The Friends Committee will be chosen by, and responsible to, the PCC of St Mary’s Sheering, and will have six members, re-appointed annually by the PCC.
- 3. The members will include one of the Churchwardens and the incumbent ex officio. Additional members, who need not be members of the PCC, may be co-opted.
- 4. The Committee will be an associated Fabric Committee, and will be known as the Friends Committee.
- 5. Reporting always to the full PCC, the Friends Committee will keep a watching brief on the fabric of the church buildings and grounds, and propose to the PCC projects to attract funds from the Friends
- 6. The Friends scheme will establish and maintain a network of subscribers to Friends of St Mary’s
- 7. Subscriptions and other donations or legacies will be applied to a restricted fund for the fabric of the church buildings and grounds. This fund will be under the control of the PCC.
- 8. A bank account in the name of “Friends of St Mary’s Sheering” (formerly “the Building Fund”) will be used for moneys for the Friends of St Mary’s Sheering, the account to continue to be under the control of the PCC. An assistant Treasurer may be appointed if merited by the volume of work.
As updated by St Mary’s PCC on 21 March 2005
Re-adopted by the PCC in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014