- With over 1100 Homes in great Leighs, 3000 at little Waltham, 2000 at black Notley and 1500 in Rayne will have a huge impact on the area
- Infrastructure is the main problem with this proposal, as the local schools primary and secondary are at capacity.
- The north east bypass currently has no available funding from Essex County Council with approx cost being £350,000,000 to complete. The bypass will not ease the traffic going into Chelmsford which is a growing city with only more businesses moving to the city, which means more traffic
- North east of the city is being added to again after large developments were added in the last local Plan which is not tying in with the proposal of letting the villages keep their identity.
- The proposal for an industrial area in this option will have an impact on the local roads
- Concerns on environmental impact with pollution with all the additional traffic on the roads
- Local GP's are full and Broomfield A&E is over capacity at the moment
Annual Parish Meeting
Chelmsford City Racecourse – Upstairs in the Grandstand using Moulsham Hall Lane entrance
Thursday 11th May 7pm
This is an invitation to all residents of Great & Little Leighs to attend the Annual Parish Meeting. This meeting is for the village; about the village.
Annual Reports from;
Your Parish Council, Chelmsford City Council, Essex County Council
Racecourse progress and update
Question and answer time is provided after the meeting
We also welcome your comments and views on local issues, including;
Please encourage your neighbours and come along to be part of the decision making for your community, and if you can’t make it contact us with your views.
Chelmsford City Council Black Bin Collections - this is changing to fortnightly collections starting Tuesday 31st January.
We meet once a month on the 3rd Thurdsay, 7:45pm in the Village Hall please come and see us about village issues.
Free dog waste bags are available from the dispensers fitted on either side of the playing field.
Parish council telephone number - 01376 584365 (answerphone)
Parish Council Meeting Change - the meetings will be held on the third Thursday of the month.
Salt - The salt in the yellow bins is for use on the public highways only. It is theft if you take it for use on your own property.
New Bins - new bins have been purchased as part of our ongoing village furniture maintenance. If you spot a broken item or notice and area in need of a new bin or seat please let us know.
CCC Mobile Customer Information Service - Will visit Gt Leighs 1-2pm every 1st Wednesday of each month and will be in the post office. CCC staff are available to help with queries, no need to book just drop in.
Public Transport Representative Needed - if you are a frequent user of public transport and could donate some time we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a volunteer to attend passenger transport meetings to bring back a report to the council and convey any village issues. Please contact us for more information.
Village Hall - To Book Ring Anne - 01245 361481
Tennis Court/5 a side - to book call or text - 07903 337713
Around the village - if you see items that need attention when you're out and about please contact us.
Village organisations......want to be added to this website? Please email the Clerk to be added.
Welcome Pack - are you new to the village or do you have a new neighbour that would like to receive our Welcome Pack? The Welcome Pack is a Parish Council initiative to welcome and inform new residents about life in Great & Little Leighs. To request one please telephone or email the Clerk.
The Parish Council of Great & Little Leighs, Chelmsford, Essex. Find the details of meetings held and decisions made.