Visit the Love Essex website and find out everything you need to know this Christmas

You'll find information from bin collections and recycling centre opening times, to all you need to to know about  recycling Christmas cards and wrapping paper, choosing the right Christmas tree and more... 

10:56, 03 Dec 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

Residents and businesses have the opportunity to tell the County Council about their priorities for spending in the next financial year through an online budget consultation.

The insights gained from the survey will be used to help inform thinking as the Council develops its spending plans for 2020 / 21.

Every year Essex County Council (ECC) spends around £2 billion on essential services for the people of Essex such as social care, highways and education. However for every £1 the County Council received five years ago from government to fund these services, only 37p is received today. More and more people that live in the county are accessing and using ECC services, but costs are also increasing.

Leader of the Council, Cllr David Finch, said: “Our effectiveness as a Council was confirmed last week when for the second year running, Essex was named in the top ten most productive councils by the consultants Impower.

“But year on year, the money we receive from Government has been reducing, meaning that we have to make very important and sometimes difficult decisions on where we spend it, and where we could make savings. We are also affected by factors such as inflation and the National Living Wage in the same way all large employers are.

“That is why we are consulting with residents and local businessesin Essex, to find out what their priorities are. We have already had to make over £370m of savings over the past five years, so it really is important to gather the views and ideas from residents and businesses before the planning process begins.”

Take the online survey. The deadline for completing it is Sunday 15 December 2019.

10:55, 03 Dec 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

Book your FREE home fire safety visit with Essex County Fire and Rescue.

For more information about fire safety at home visit their website. To book a visit call them on 0300 303 0088. You can also book using their online form or email home.safety@essex-fire.gov.uk

10:20, 03 Dec 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

Saturday 14 December 2019 in Panfield Village Hall. Doors open at 7.30pm for an 8.00pm start. Bring your own food and drink. Tickets are for sale in advance at £4.00 per person. Book by emailing panfieldvillagehall@gmail.com or phone 07711 079122. Book early as seats are limited

With our film equipment and comfortable seating we aim to give you the full cinema experience. For more details visit our Panfield Presents web page.

We look forward to welcoming you. 

PP_Yesterday_14122019

16:28, 28 Nov 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

Festive concert invite11122019

14:30, 28 Nov 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

You may have heard that we have begun fundraising to cover the cost of essential works to the church spire. We have set up a Friends of Panfield Church group to help raise funds.

Visit our Friends of Panfield Church page to find out how to join. Everyone is welcome. 

14:12, 28 Nov 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

The Notices below refer to the General Election taking place on Thursday 12 December 2019. 

Notice of Election Agents for Braintree

Statement of Notice of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll for Braintree

12:57, 22 Nov 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

Due to the success of last year's scheme, Farleigh Hospice is offering this service again to local residents in return for a donation. 90 per cent of your donation will go to the Hospice, the remaining 10 per cent will go to other local charities.

Details of the postcodes they'll be collecting from is in the link below.

Tree collections will take place on 11th and 12th January 2020.

If you would like your Christmas tree collected for recycling, please register before 12 noon on 8th January 2020 on the Farleigh Hospice website.

11:55, 22 Nov 2019 by Cecilia Ockelford

Archive

Use the calendar or list of months to view entries made on those dates.

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

RSS Feed

If you have a feed reader you can use this link to get updates.

RSS feed